THE TERM OF ADMISSION OF FOREIGN CITIZENS TO STUDY AT TASHKENT STATE INSTITUTE OF ORIENTAL STUDIES
Foreign citizens are accepted to study at Tashkent State Institute of Oriental Studies on a fee basis, except the terms provided by international, intergovernmental and interdepartmental agreements of the Republic of Uzbekistan, as well as agreements between TSIOS and foreign universities.
• To the baccalaureate of Tashkent State Institute of Oriental Studies are accepted foreign citizens with education corresponding to general secondary and secondary special.
• To the Masters of Tashkent State Institute of Oriental Studies can be enrolled foreign citizens with a bachelor’s degree.
• To the language internship of Tashkent State Institute of Oriental Studies can enter foreign citizens with education corresponding to general secondary and secondary special.
• Foreign citizens who want to study at Tashkent State Institute of Oriental Studies should hand over the documents directly to the higher education institution.
Faculties and their directions for Bachelors’ Degree:
• Philology and Teaching Languages (oriental languages);
• Philology and Teaching Languages (classic languages);
• Theory and Practice of Translation (due to languages);
• History (Eastern countries and regions);
• Oriental Philosophy and Culture;
• World Policy;
• Economy of Foreign Countries and Country-specific studies (on specific countries and regions).
Faculties and specialties for Master’s Degree:
• Literary Studies (oriental languages);
• Linguistics (oriental languages);
• Classical Philology;
• Literary Source Study and Textology of classical literature of the East;
• Comparative Linguistics, Linguistic Translation (oriental languages);
• Historical Study, Source Study and Methods of Historical Scientific Research (Central Asia and foreign countries);
• Oriental Philosophy and Culture;
• International Relations and Foreign Policy;
• Economy of Foreign Countries and Country-specific Studies (on specific countries and regions);
Studied Foreign Languages:
Oriental languages: Arabic, Persian, Pashto, Dari, Indian, Urdu, Turkish, Uyghur, Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, Malay, Vietnamese.
Roman-German languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Russian.
The list of the necessary documents and the deadline:
1. The application for admission to study;
2. The application form of the foreign citizen;
3. The original and the copy of the certificate, diploma with the subjects studied and marks (points) with a notarized translation into Uzbek or Russian languages;
4. The medical report on the health status (certificate №86);
5. A copy of the national passport;
6. 6 photographs sized 3,5×4,5;
The above mentioned documents should be handed over to the selection committee of TSIOS from June 20 to July 20 for undergraduate and during the period of 1-30 July for a Master’s degree;
Foreign citizens with the willing of study at the baccalaureate of TSIOS take an entrance examination in the form of testing from three subjects, in Uzbek or Russian languages, depending on the direction of education. The exam is held on the 1st of August by the Test Center of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Foreign citizens wishing to study at the Maters of TSIOS take entrance examination in the form of written work in two subjects (on speciality and the theory and practice of building a democratic society in Uzbekistan). Exams are held in Uzbek or Russian in the beginning of August by a special commission of TSIOS.
The order of payment:
At Tashkent State Institute of Oriental tuition fees for foreign citizens are paid in US dollars at the exchange rate of the Central Bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
The amount of the contract depends on the direction of studying or specialty;
Department of International Relations supports foreign students of the Institute in preparation of documents for registration, if necessary, to find the place of residence;
Scholarships for foreign students of the Institute are not available.
Foreign citizens wishing to study Uzbek, Russian and other Oriental languages can enroll in a language course at a language center at TSIOS. Course duration is 6 and 12 months. At the end of the period of study, students receive certificates of the Language Centre;
To enroll in the courses following documents should be passed to the International Department of the Institute:
1. The application of admission to language courses;
2. a copy of the diploma / certificate with the subjects studied and scores (points) with a notarized translation into Uzbek or Russian languages;
3. a copy of the national passport;
5. 4 photographs sized 3,5 x 4,5
Terms of payment for language courses depend on the number of classes.